What to Wear to a Concert: 6 Outfits You Can Dance In
If you’ve got tickets, it’s time to start putting together a show-ready getup that’s Instagram-perfect but also conducive to dancing and standing all night. We know that sometimes it’s tough to strike the balance between what photographs well and what’s actually comfy. Don’t stress, though, because we’ve got some fantastic ideas for you here at Mint Julep. Graphic tees, all things denim, leopard print, leather and embroidery—these are the ingredients that make the ultimate concert outfit!
1. An Embroidered Dress with Statement Shoes—If you’re planning on posting up at a music festival, a country concert or anywhere you expect to see acoustic guitars and barefooted concert-goers, then go ahead and break out the embroidery, the fringe and the suede boots. Our Detailed Dreams Dress or any other breezy, boho number lays the perfect foundation for your festival-inspired look. We love the statement booties with this outfit because they protect your feet from getting trampled (closed-toe shoes are a must) while also bringing on the desert-edgy vibe that you love.
2. Flare Jeans with a Graphic Band Tee—The report is in: Flare jeans are back on the trend radar, and we’re definitely not fighting it. We love the idea of pairing some crisp, dark-washed denim flares (like our Break it Down Flare Jeans) with your favorite vintage or throwback band T-shirt. Bell-bottoms are fun because they bring a retro flair (pun intended) while also adding something a little bit more interesting than your typical skinnies. Pair them with sneakers or boots to complete the look.
3. A Leopard Print Jacket with a Hipster Hat—There’s something so rock-and-roll yet feminine about leopard print, which is why it’s one of our very fave concert prints. We’ve dialed up the rock factor with our Talking About Love Jacket coupled with an ultra-cool black wide-brimmed hat that screams hipster chic! Add in some distressed denim and you’ve got yourself a totally cool-without-trying-to-be-cool style. This is the kind of ensemble you’d wear to a rock show at a dive bar, but it could also look right at home in an arena or an amphitheater, depending on the genre.
4. An Easy Romper with the Perfect Crossbody—Any lady who has ever been to a concert knows that the only real purse choice for the situation is the crossbody bag. It allows you to stash only the essentials hands-free so you can focus on what’s happening on stage and not spend the evening worrying about someone grabbing your stuff. Dial up the cuteness factor of your preferred crossbody by choosing a cute romper or jumpsuit as the backdrop. We recommend an easy-on, easy-off style—maybe something without a zipper—to make bathroom breaks a bit less dreaded.
5. A High-Waisted Skirt and with a Boho Top—What do you wear when you want to look like a well-dressed free spirit? You bust out your favorite high-waisted skirt, of course! These wardrobe staples help provide a tailored look with minimal effort yet provide a level of fun and comfort you just won’t get with other options. Pair it with a fringed or embroidered top for something hippie-inspired or go with a tight-fitting tee and an edgy jacket if you’re heading to a rock show.
6. Fun High-Waisted Shorts with a Flirty Tank—Headed to a summer concert at an open-air amphitheater? Try on a pair of paper bag shorts for size! These supremely flirty yet amazingly versatile shorts flatter your figure but don’t restrict, allowing you to twirl, dance and jam out to your heart’s content. We love the idea of pairing them with a feminine tank top—bows and polka dots optional—like our Nothing’s the Same Top in brown and ivory, but they go well with tees, short-sleeved blouses and even more casual cotton tank tops.
Finding the Perfect Look
The perfect concert outfit is one that shows your personality and doesn’t hold you back from taking in the entire experience. Keep it fun, flirty and free-flowing and you’ll feel like your best self the next time you find yourself in the front row.