Cute Outfits with Jeans: 6 Looks to Wear this Fall
Style-wise, we’d argue that fall is the best time of the year. All the comfy, cozy fabrics and oversized fits leave us craving a crisp, autumnal breeze year-round. The best part is, you can easily build your fall wardrobe from fundamentals you already own. Today, we’re focusing on helping you build outfits to wear with a pair of perfectly fitting, endlessly flattering blue jeans—the undeniable MVP of your pants drawer.
Finding Your New Fave Jeans
First things first: go jeans shopping. Your new favorite pair of jeans is one that offers the perfect amount of stretch so you can wear them no matter what you’re doing, and it doesn’t hurt if they flatter your figure and make you feel super-duper confident, too. Bonus points if they’re done in a versatile wash like indigo or faded blue. Got them? Good. Now it’s time to add some tops! Here are a few of our favorite cute outfits with jeans:
1. Your Fave Jeans + A Printed Tunic Top—Oh, how far a dressy tunic top will go! The slightly longer hemline on a tunic makes it especially apropos for building fall ensembles that scream comfy-chic at the winery, orchard or stadium. Whether done in a fall-inspired floral (like the I’ll Find You Tunic shown above), preppy stripes or a bold animal print, the right tunic does an amazing job of topping off any variety of denim.
2. Your Fave Jeans + A Cute Tie-Front Top—There’s no denying that tie-front tops are everything and everywhere, especially in the fall. Grab a long-sleeved, button-up option in a traditional autumn hue—hello, burgundy or burnt orange—to give your style a fall-ish flair. Add in a pair of to-die-for ankle boots to spice things up and to enhance the rest of your best looks this season. We love them in black, cognac or gray for pure versatility.
3.Your Fave Jeans + A Monogrammed Sweatshirt—Brace yourself for cuteness. There are few fall toppers quite as delightful as a comfortable monogrammed sweatshirt. Piling on the preppy vibes is a given with any monogrammed item, so you can take this theme up a few notches by peppering in preppy classics like equestrian boots, camel hair jackets and wooly scarves. Take this look tailgating, apple picking or trick-or-treating.
4. Your Fave Jeans + A Distressed Sweater—A stylish, intentionally distressed sweater screams “stylish without trying.” It belongs in a category we like to call deliberately disheveled, and we adore it. You can even pair it with your go-to ripped jeans to dial up the distressed look. A few torn hems, unfinished ends and strategically placed holes give every garment an upgrade, we think.
5. Your Fave Jeans + A Leopard Print Blouse—We don’t know about you, but here at The Mint Julep Boutique, we keep the leopard print in the rotation year-round! With that being said, there is something especially autumnal about this pattern, especially when it’s paired with some crisp jeans and a neatly tailored jacket. A classic leopard pattern looks incredible with black skinny jeans and is adaptable enough to go from concert to office to dinner with your besties.
6. Your Fave Jeans + A Graphic Tee—No matter if it’s vintage, classic or tongue-in-cheek, nothing in your wardrobe piles on as much personality as a good graphic tee. You don’t have to go all out with an obviously fall-themed top (though, don’t get us wrong, we’d rock the heck out of the “pumpkin spice and chill” t-shirt above). Any fun graphics will help you channel your laid-back seasonal style as you’re out running errands, sipping lattes or bon-firing with buds.
Accessorizing to the Season
One of the reasons why we selected the above tops as our fall faves is that they all lay the perfect foundation for autumn accessorizing. ’Tis the season for drapey scarves, cozy cardigans, floor-length dusters and boots, boots and more boots. After all, the key to building a good fall-centric wardrobe is to have items that layer well so you can swap things in and out as the weather cools down. Happy fall!