Jumpsuits are so on-trend right now, and it’s probably because they are so unbelievably easy to wear. They’re super versatile, flattering on everyone and are basically a whole entire outfit in just one comfy piece of clothing. But, while jumpsuits are certainly a worthwhile wardrobe staple, it can be a bit confusing trying to figure out how to complete the look with the perfect pair of shoes.
From cute wedges with florals to square toe sandals for culottes, here are seven tips to choose what shoes to wear with your jumpsuit.
1. Structured denim jumpsuits can be easily dressed up or down with a thoughtful choice in shoes.
Denim jumpsuits are super cool, and surprisingly versatile, too. Dress them down for weekend errands, or up for happy hour with the girls.
- Crisp, white sneakers are a clean, classic choice for dressing down a denim jumpsuit.
- A pair of nude heels help elongate the legs and elevate the look enough for date night.
Cute wedges are comfortable and give you just enough extra height.
2. Be so ready for a big night out in a dressy jumpsuit and heels.
Dressy jumpsuits in flirty prints, bold patterns, and sparkly fabrics give you the chance to really play with your look for a fun night with friends. When your outfit is the main attraction, choose shoes that help it shine.
- Nude heels give you some height without detracting from the boldness of a dress jumpsuit.
- Studded heels offer an edgy touch to a cropped jumpsuit.
- Simple black pumps are anything but basic when styled with a sparkly jumpsuit.
3. Style casual jumpsuits with classic, practical footwear.
Typically, forgiving fabrics like cotton, jersey and linen make for more casual looking jumpsuits. Casual jumpsuits are great options for a day of errands, an afternoon at the beach, or a night out at the ballgame. The list of occasions is really endless.
Depending on what’s on the agenda, there are many different types of shoes you can choose to wear, but in general, practical options are ideal.
- Chunky sneakers in bright colors are very trendy and give off athleisure vibes.
- Ballet flats bring a feminine touch to an everyday outfit.
4. Simple jumpsuits get a burst of energy with a show-stopping pair of shoes.
You can instantly, and easily, dress up a simple jumpsuit with a pair of shoes that steal the show. Add some earrings and a sparkly clutch and you’re instantly event-ready!
- Rhinestone stilettos might normally be considered too much, but not when dressing up a simple black jumpsuit.
- Punchy colors and bold prints, like neon pumps or snake print heels, bring a rush of energy to a white or neutral-colored jumpsuit.
- Shoes with gems, bows and other feminine embellishments offer some playfulness to an otherwise understated ensemble.
5. Make a jumpsuit work for a day at the office with comfortable, stylish heels.
Structured, tailored jumpsuits are a sophisticated option to wear to the office, especially if they’re dressed up with the proper shoes and accessories.
- Classic, black pumps are a perfect option for any office outfit.
- Strappy, heeled sandals easily transition from day to night.
6. Take a wide-leg jumpsuit to the next level with trend-forward footwear.
Whether casual or dressy, wide-leg jumpsuits are dramatic and sophisticated and deserve to be styled with a pair of shoes to match.
- Square toe heels are super trendy, and the perfect pair for a culotte jumpsuit.
- A fun pair of statement pumps balance out long, wide-leg jumpsuits, so pick a poppy color to peek out from below the pant legs.
7. No matter what type of jumpsuit you’re wearing, always dress for comfort.
No matter where you’re wearing your jumpsuit, you certainly want to make sure that you’ll be able to make it through the entire activity without feeling like your feet are on fire. As you style your outfits, take comfort into consideration, and choose cute shoes that you’ll feel confident and comfortable wearing all day - or all night.
Jump(suit) for Joy
There’s no better time to jump on the cute and flattering jumpsuit trend! Whether you’re planning a look for a casual day of errands, or a dressy dinner date, the proper shoes are your outfit’s perfect finishing touch.