Frosty Florals: 10 Ways to Wear Winter Floral Dresses
When the temperatures dip and the leaves have all fallen, you might naturally be drawn to a more subdued color palette, but that doesn’t mean you should restrict your winter wardrobe to only black, brown and gray. In fact, frosty florals have a way of looking fresh and feminine even on the most cold and dreary days.
Here are our 10 favorite ways to wear winter floral dresses.
- Get cozy on demand by layering a knee length dress under a cardigan.
During the wintertime, it can be difficult to put together outfits that are suitable for both the frigid temperatures outside and overly-heated spaces inside. Layer a cute cardigan over your floral frock. You can wear it if you need it and take it off if you don’t.
- Cover with a puffer coat and combat boots for a cool look that’ll still keep you warm.
Take a page from the street style playbook. Big puffer coats feel bold and edgy when styled with a dramatic pair of combat boots. If you’re in a creative industry, this look is just as appropriate for the office as it is for a weekend concert.
- Pair a floaty floral dress with over the knee boots for a soft, feminine look.
Start with a flirty floral dress that hits at the knee and then add stockings and a pair of cute boots. Finish with sweet accessories like a padded headband and drop earrings.
- Mix and match florals for a little visual fun.
Florals aren’t always the easiest to mix, but when done right it can really make a mark. The key is for one pattern to be monochrome and the other multicolored. Two multicolored floral prints can be distracting, but one is just right. Pick a fun accessory, like a handbag, in a monochrome floral print so that it can go with any of the floral dresses in your wardrobe.
- Pack a trendy punch by mixing your floral dress with a chunky pair of sneakers.
Bring hipster vibes to your everyday look by dressing your floral outfit down with a pair of crisp white sneakers. Thick, white socks and a beanie cap complete the outfit.
- Bring a lively burst of energy to your wardrobe with bold and colorful accessories.
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you have to forgo color entirely! Go bold with vibrant shoulder-grazing earrings or a bright pair of slingback pumps.
- Warm your dress up with velvet booties in a rich jewel tone.
Opaque black tights and velvet booties make any floral dress the perfect date-night outfit. Sweep your hair into a loose braid and you’re ready for romance!
- Layer a basic black turtleneck underneath to look poetically chic.
Winter and turtlenecks are made for each other. Wear a thin, black turtleneck underneath your floral dress to keep warm while adding an artistic flair to your look. When the weather’s not too frigid, keep your legs bare and reach for crisp, white tennis shoes.
- Make your floral dress holiday party ready with sparkly heels and jeweled hair accessories.
For many people, the holidays are synonymous with sequins. Stand out among the crowd, while still looking sophisticated, at your fanciest holiday party in a floor grazing floral dress. Glittery heels and hair accessories bring just the right amount of bling to this look.
- Don’t forgo function. Pair your dress with a cute pair of boots that have enough traction for snowy days.
What good are cute boots if they aren’t functional, too? If you’re dealing with winter weather, the most important thing is your safety, so look for a pair of boots that will offer enough traction to keep you from slipping and sliding on your walk to work.
Floral dresses give you the perfect opportunity to bring a bit of color to your winter wardrobe, and they can be styled in so many different ways! How do you plan to wear floral dresses this season? Tell us in the comments!