So, you’ve found your new favorite–a trendy, classy navy blue dress that fits you great and looks even better. Now, all that’s left is for you to style it! Finding the right shoes to wear with a navy dress can feel like a challenge, but with a bit of creative thinking, it can really be downright fun.
To get you started, here are 16 shoe looks we love with navy.
1. Barely-there maroon sandals create a chic look for late summer.
Maroon and navy look really sophisticated together and are a fantastic transitional palette for late summer through fall. Pull your hair back into a slick chignon for a glamorous touch.
2. A classic pair of nude heels are effortlessly stylish.
Especially for brighter navy blues, a nude heel allows the color to really pop, and Steven by Steve Madden has some great options to choose from. Stud earrings and a half-up hairstyle complete this classic look.
3. Strappy silver sandals take your navy dress from day to night.
Strappy silver sandals elevate any navy blue dress to fancy dinner date status. For an added dose of sparkle, choose a pair with embellishments.
4. Snake print sneakers add a comfy-casual touch.
Against navy blue, snake print sneakers are bold without being overpowering. Add a jean jacket for the ultimate in casual cool.
5. Mustard-colored heels feel like the perfect spring day.
Mustard yellow is a huge 2019 trend, and brings light and life to navy blue. Ensure the look remains tasteful and grown-up by keeping the rest of your accessories neutral.
6. Black leather booties bring shine and sophistication.
Whoever said that you can’t wear navy with black was sorely mistaken! In fact, these two colors can complement each other really nicely, especially when you mix materials. The shine of black leather (or faux leather) really draws attention to the richness of the navy blue.
7. Oatmeal-colored slip-ons to give it a professional flair.
Mules mean business, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fun, too! Oatmeal-colored slides are the perfect color match to navy, and offer just the right amount of casual playfulness to your look.
8. Pair with light green booties for an ultra modern look.
Take a cue from the latest in home decor trends and mix your navy dress with a pair of light green booties from Marc Fisher shoes.
9. Add a pair of crisp white pumps for a nautical feel.
Nothing feels as fresh as a brand new pair of white pumps, and they look so crisp against a deep navy blue. Keep your hair loose and airy to complete the nautical style without looking like a sailor.
10. Throw on a pair of taupe wedges for some understated elegance.
Muted colors are a natural fit for deep navy blues. Taupe wedges give you a bit of height without sacrificing comfort.
11. Walk on the wild side in leopard print flats.
The warmth of leopard print is a perfect match against a rich navy blue. Pair the two together for the perfect workday outfit–so easy!
12. Look on the bright side with rose mules.
Rose and navy are an understated pairing that still packs a punch. Pairing a navy dress with rose mules makes an outfit that looks just as appropriate at the office as it does for date night after work.
13. Statement booties add visual interest.
For a night out, high-heeled statement booties will take your navy blue dress from tasteful to totally traffic-stopping.
14. Gray ankle strap heels balance out ultra-dark navy blues.
Gray is a surprising but sophisticated color choice against navy. Choose a style rich in texture, like suede, for an added touch of maturity.
15. Bold black stilettos are a go-to pairing.
There’s nothing like a pair of black stilettos to make you feel powerful and ready for anything. Black stilettos are generally a go-to choice for any fancy occasion. Contrasted against navy blue, the look feels entirely new.
16. Barbie pink pumps bring a burst of feminine color.
For just the right amount of Elle Woods sassiness, style your navy blue dress with the candy-colored sweetness of a pair of Barbie pink pumps. How cute!
At first, it might seem difficult to find cute shoes that match with your navy blue dress, but there are so many options that are both stylish and fun. We can’t wait to see how you style your shoes with navy!