What Are the Best Shoes to Wear with Leggings?
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “What are the best shoes to wear with leggings?” you’re not alone in wanting to find the most flattering ways to strut your stuff in these fashion staples! Our favorite stretchy wonders are no longer just for workouts, and it can be just as fun to dress a pair of boutique leggings up for a night out on the town as it is to rock some athleisure wear.
Shoe Style #1: Platforms
When you’re wearing form-fitting pants (and, yes, leggings totally count as pants!), adding a little bit of height using platform shoes can be a flirty way to get creative with fashionable silhouettes.
- Crisp white sneakers with a platform sole offer the perfect balance of cute and casual, but still look totally put together. Wear with a T-shirt for weekend errands or a flowy top for Sunday brunch.
- Summertime outfits practically beg for the sweet combo of platform sandals and comfy leggings. As the temperatures start to drop in the fall, layer on a cozy sweater and you’re good to go!
Shoe Style #2: Boots
Cute boots and booties pair so nicely with leggings, especially in the fall and winter! Thanks to the way they stay close to the skin around your ankles, you can tuck them into tall boots without feeling constricted.
- Pull a pair of over the knee boots up over a dark-colored pair of leggings to help give you legs for days. You’ll radiate the ultimate cozy vibes with an oversized sweater and a wide brim hat.
- Booties look adorable when you leave just a bit of space for a colorful pair of socks (or just a touch of skin) to peek out underneath your leggings.
Shoe Style #3: High Heels
If you’re looking to elongate your legs and get dressed up for a big night out, high heels are a super flattering choice!
- Head into date night with confidence by wearing a pair of neutral heels that help your gams seem longer.
- To really steal the show, look for a pair with dazzling details like rhinestones, feathers or bows. Keep the rest of your look more simple so that all the attention is on your dancin’ feet!
Shoe Style #4: Chunky Sneakers
There’s nothing like the cool-girl vibes that athleisure-inspired outfits give off. Make the most of this long-lasting trend by wearing your leggings with a pair of trendy sneakers. From sophisticated black to crisp white to bright and colorful styles, the options are endless!
- Let a bold pair of sneakers become the focal point of your athleisure look by keeping the rest of your outfit simple. Black leggings, a thin white T-shirt and a light washed denim jacket are really all you need.
- Black sneakers are casual and chic at the same time. Wear them with black leggings and a printed shirt.
Shoe Style #5: Cute Flats
Cute flats offer both comfort and sophistication to any girl’s wardrobe! Whether you opt for the classic ballet style with a rounded toe, pick a pointed toe pair for just a touch of city-slicker edge or dazzle in some studded shoes for full-on rocker vibes, flats complement leggings perfectly.
- Put together a super feminine look by wearing rounded toe ballet flats and leggings with a blush-colored shirt and cozy cardigan. Swoop your hair up into a high pony to complete the ensemble!
- A studded pair of flats look really great with a chunky sweater rolled up at the sleeves.
Shoe Style #6: Loafers
This menswear-inspired style is super chic and flattering with outfits for dressier occasions. Not only are they extremely on-trend, but their comfortable fit also makes them really easy to wear, no matter what’s on the schedule for the day.
- To balance out a pair of loafers with a feminine touch, style your shoes and leggings with a flowing floral blouse.
- Layer a blazer over a simple T-shirt to give black patent leather loafers the magazine editor treatment.
Comfort’s Always in Fashion
When it comes to finding the best shoes to wear with leggings, there are so many different styles to choose from! While some silhouettes might be more flattering than others, what matters most is that you’ve put together a pairing that feels comfortable and confident. You can never, ever go wrong when you do that!Shop All Shoe Styles