How to Wear Joggers
Joggers have become a major trend in recent years, seen on everyone from street style stars to A-list celebrities. These comfy tapered pants are cute and cool, but when it comes to styling them, there’s definitely a fine line between giving off effortless, off-duty model vibes and looking like you just rolled out of bed.
If you’re looking for tips on how to wear joggers, you’re in luck!
What to Look for
When shopping for cute jogger pants, there are some things you have to look out for to avoid looking sloppy in this stylish athleisure staple.
- Seek out a slimmer cut so the fabric grazes your body in a figure-flattering way. If you pick a pair that’s made to be extremely baggy all over, you’ll risk looking disheveled.
- Try not to size up when the style’s made true to size. Even though joggers can fit loosely throughout your body, they really shouldn’t droop too far down between your legs or you’ll risk giving off 90’s hammer pants vibes.
- Be mindful of your fabric choices. If you’re shopping for a style you’d like to adapt for casual Fridays at the office, twill or chino jogger pants offer a bit more structure while still being cute and comfortable options.
Choose your joggers wisely! Having a flattering pair to serve as a base will set the tone for your trendy athleisure outfit, helping you build the rest of the look with ease.
How to Style
Once you’ve found your perfect pair of cute jogger pants, it’s time to style them! Thankfully, this versatile piece can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. To get you started, here are a few of our favorite outfits that star joggers.
Casual Outfit Ideas
Joggers might just become your new weekend staple. They’re just as perfect for days of errands as they are for a relaxing night watching TV at a friend’s house.
- For a weekend-ready look, tuck a printed top into a slim-cut pair of black joggers, and finish with colorful sneakers and a jean jacket.
- Pair army green joggers with a black and white striped top and crisp white sneakers for a sporty look that’s perfect for game day.
- Cozy up on a chilly day by styling your joggers with a chunky knit sweater and a scarf for good measure!
- A slim fit hoodie brings the athleisure look to new heights. Add a pair of hoop earrings and chunky white sneakers for flirty fun.
To keep your casual style from looking frumpy, try to strike a balance in proportion and material. If your pants have a looser fit, keep your tops more form-fitting or structured. If you’re wearing sneakers, pick a newer pair to keep your outfit feeling polished.
Dressy Outfit Ideas
Just because joggers are super comfy doesn’t mean they can’t get dressed up, too! With a few accessory swaps, joggers work for more than just a lazy Sunday.
- A black blazer and spiky pumps can dress a pair of joggers up so much that you could actually wear them to the office.
- Throw on a breezy floral top and stylish sandals to build the perfect summertime date night outfit.
- Tuck in a crisp collared shirt and put on a pair of mules for a look that can go from Saturday brunch to date night in a flash.
- Black booties and a leather jacket with gray joggers give off the cool factor of a biker chick.
For these dressy looks, pick a pair of joggers in a quality fabric to make sure that they don’t compete with the more elevated pieces you’re styling them with.
Your Own Way
We hope these outfit ideas have left you feeling inspired by how easy it is to style cute jogger pants for any type of occasion! How will you style yours?