What to Wear with White Jeans: 10 White-Hot Styling Ideas
Ladies, are you with us on this one? White denim is everything this summer, and to be honest, we’re thinking about extending it way past Labor Day this year. It’s fresh, refined and super-duper versatile (it literally matches everything, does it not?) so we’re all about giving it the glory it deserves. If you’ve picked up some cute white jeans and are looking for some dazzling ways to dress them up, take a peek at the following styling ideas from Mint Julep.
1. A Bright Tank—Sunshine yellow, punchy peach, bright green: summertime is neon time, as far as we’re concerned. And big, bold hues are as hot as ever, taking center stage on the seasonal trend report. Nothing pairs better with bright white bottoms than a top in an equally-as-bright version of your favorite shade.
2. A Tie-Front Top—These days, it’s all about crop tops and high-waisted bottoms. But if you’re not ready to bare it all, a cute tie-front top is a great way to wear this proportion without showing any skin. Pair your crisp white jeans with a brightly colored tie top and some classic hoop earrings to tie it all together.
3. A Leopard Top—Speaking of daring prints…we’re crazy about animal print everything at all times, and we think nothing’s fiercer than the leopard variety, especially when its offset by crisp, white denim. Pick up a trendy leopard top with some pops of color for an all-around fabulous look.
4. A Little Bit of Tie-Dye—You don’t have to be plotting your festival outfit to see how tremendous tie-dye can be. Whether it’s a rainbow of colors in the spirit of Woodstock or a monochrome motif in navy, nothing goes better with a pair of solid white jeans than a cute tie-dyed tee.
5. A Preppy Straw Hat—We probably don’t have to tell you that supersized sun hats are all the rage this year, and for very good reason. They’re sassy, sophisticated and supremely sensible, shading you from the sun while giving your ensemble a little bit of drama and a whole lot of style.
6. A White Crop Top—White on white? Can you even do that? We say absolutely yes! A cute, white crop top with a pair of high-waisted white jeans offers a chic, season-appropriate look that’s ideal for everything from Sunday brunch to weekday errands.
7. A Dressy Satin Top—Depending on how you style them, jeans in any color can work for dressier looks. Sport them with a solid black top in a silk or satin material—ideally, something with lace, scallops or bows—for a more dressy and feminine approach, perfect for showers and girls’ nights out.
8. Something Patriotic—Let your white jeans be the W in RWB this year! Fireworks, barbecues, mid-summer boat rides: they’re all great reasons to show your all-American pride. Whether it’s a cute star-spangled tee or something in a shade of popsicle red, you’ll feel like a posh patriot when you try this look.
9. A Striped Long-Sleeved Top—We always gravitate towards preppy, nautical vibes when it’s warm out, and nothing epitomizes the seaside feel better than a crisp white and navy stripe with some white jeans. Add a brown leather sandal and a denim jacket and you’ve got yourself a staple summer look for everything in your calendar.
10. A Blue Denim Button-Up—Who says jean shirts are only for the fall? Not us! The denim-on-denim trend is a huge hit this summer, and we’re big proponents of mixing and matching denim shades. Top off your look with a blue or black denim button-up for a chic boyfriend-inspired look.
Getting Creative and Showing Your Personality
White jeans are dependable wardrobe staples, and for good reason! They lay the foundation for virtually any look, theme or vibe, so you can use them to highlight the bold, exciting pieces that play to your personality or to elevate your more casual looks. Whether you’re into subtle style or flashy fashion, Mint Julep is here to help you capture your ideal aesthetic.