The Mint Julep Boutique, LLC. – Auburn, AL
About the position
The Mint Julep Boutique is looking for a full-time Girls Buyer who is highly motivated, passionate about the fast-paced fashion industry with strong communication skills and impeccable southern style. The focus of this position includes staying on trend with Girls fashion, understanding demand, and being able to forecast buying behavior based on historical data and projected trends. This position is for someone who possesses a great understanding of driving sales results through the utilization of their expertise in apparel buying. As the Girls Buyer, you will develop a buying plan to attract more girls customers while maintaining close relationships with our Vendors. Ultimately, you should be able to communicate across several internal and external channels while staying highly organized and current with girls' fashion trends. We create opportunities for growth and learning, and we strongly believe in developing each other as well as our company culture.
The Girls Buyer responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research and determine latest Girls clothing trends, stay current on competitor offerings as well as customer demands
- Utilize historical sales data and analytics to forecast trends and make inventory purchasing decisions
- Oversee the Vendor Relations Process, including maintaining proactive and professional communication with vendors to collect credits, refunds, or replacements for damaged products while negotiating specs, pricing, and deadlines for clothing
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets with vendor tracking – current offerings, pricing, styles, categories, etc
- Coordinate communication with the Warehouse Receiving Team to ensure that product is accurately and timely received and processed
- Daily follow through with vendors to ensure that all shipments are received on-time and accurately
- Research potential vendors and negotiate product orders and deliveries
- Attend fashion trade shows to develop and strengthen vendor relationships and place product orders
- Assist with additional tasks as needed
We employ highly motivated people who work hard and love what they do. A successful applicant for this role will be passionate about fashion retail. (S)he must also be a fast-paced worker and self-starter who can deliver under deadlines. In addition to passion, excellence and a do-what-it-takes attitude, we also have some specific qualifications that we are looking for in our Girls Buyer:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Fashion Apparel and Merchandising preferred
- 1+ years experience in apparel buying experience, preferably in e-commerce with girls buying experience
- In depth understanding of The Mint Julep brand and our customer
- Knowledge of girl’s apparel, trends, and fashion
- Top-notch analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong fashion sense and a keen eye for envisioning and interpreting fashion trends
- Maven of multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple task with potentially shifting priorities
- Achievement oriented, demonstrating initiative and a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, Google Doc systems and tools
- Must be able to commute to our office in Auburn, Alabama daily.
Working for Mint Julep is not only fun and rewarding, our employees also enjoy fantastic benefits! A brand new corporate office, product discount, monthly catered lunch, health/ dental/ vision insurances, and 401k are a few of the perks we offer employees.
The Mint Julep Boutique provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other category protected under applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time, Auburn AL
Pay: $30,000 to $45,000